Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
11:30 AM HOT TOPICS - WINNING THE WATER WARS
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 11:30 AM until 1:00 PM
Sorosis Womans Club of Orlando
501 East Livingston Street
Orlando, FL 32803
Hot Topic Luncheons
Payment In Advance Or At Event
Registrants & Fees
YOU GONNA DRINK THAT?
WATER QUALITY AND QUANTITY…. IT MATTERS.
Water, water everywhere and nary a drop to drink? Could that be the Sunshine State’s fate one day?
- Florida’s Environmental Regulatory Commission allows more cancer-causing toxins in our water.
- Spring flows are diminshing and pollution is increasing
- Population growth means more demand for water with less supply
- Everglades restoration proceeds at a snail’s pace
- Conservation measures depend on public education and limited incentives
- Groundwater continues to be free, with no market forces to allocate it
What can we do to save our waters?
The following experts will discuss the water crisis at the League’s April 12 Hot Topics luncheon.
Dr. Ann Shortelle
St. Johns River Water Management Executive Director
Dr. Robert Ulanowicz
Florida Springs Institute
St. Johns Riverkeeper
Moderator: Christopher Heath
Investigative reporter with WFTV-Channel 9
*Register ASAP as our popular Hot Topics luncheons continue to sell out!
*Donations of new children's books will be accepted this month for distribution at the Parramore Kidz Zone!