Women's Rights Committee
This webpage is currently under construction. We'll be online soon with an updated committee page. In the meantime, please contact our Chairperson Ginger Mundy for more information.
We Want YOU!
We are thrilled that our Members supported adding a Women’s Rights Committee as part of our advocacy for the 2020-21 program year. Ginger Mundy will be chairing the committee and is looking for LWVOC Members that want to help craft the action plan for this important committee. As a reminder, here are the Position Statements for the committee.
- We stand for every woman’s right to access affordable, quality healthcare including access to abortion and birth control.
- We support policies that advance reproductive rights and comprehensive sex education and oppose legislation that seeks to undermine and overturn the protections of Roe v Wade.
- We advocate for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the US Constitution.
- We advocate for equal pay for equal work.
- We believe in paid family leave.